4.1.10

The New Shapes: Archives

This spread caught me,took my breath away, made me weak in the knees, and is absolutely essential to put you all in awe yourselves.

Why do I adore this spread so much?

ONE: THE CLOTHING

The texture of the clothing mixed with the elegant designs clash with the background to create a wonderful little land called fashion heaven. The bold clothing items and designs make such a bold statement of independence and the strength of fashion, proving the amazing-ness of this spread. It almost feels like the models are jumping out at you from the background, an effect I personally find fantastic.

TWO: THE COLORS

If you know me, you obviously know why I like this majestic little masterpiece, the color scheme. I don't know what it is with me, but whenever I make a polyvore set or even the color scheme of my blog and header, I always use the aqua blues and salmon pinks used in this spread. So of course when I saw this, I fell madly in love. I adore the mustard yellow coat in this shoot, it goes perfectly with the transcending blue of the sky and the red/pink ground.

THREE: THE BACKGROUND

I love love love love love city scape and the perfection of the lighting and color differences on the city in the background are just superb.

FOUR: THE GIRL WITH THE BUNNY EARS

Her expression, her outfit, her stance, her BUNNY EARS (best part), absolutely jaw-dropping amazing.

As you can tell by my unneeded analysis, I love this spread. A lot. Hope you do too!

THE NEW SHAPES BY CAMILLA AKRANS FOR HARPER'S BAZAAR SEPTEMBER 2009

























4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4.1.10

    wow! i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog! this editorial is simply stunning!

    xo, C.
    http://owl-wings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool pix.☺

    ReplyDelete