4.4.10

The Glorious Gap

No - not the store

So as I was once again taking a visual stroll though my extremely unorganized "Inspiration" folder on my crowded desktop, I found numerous photographs of models with the all praised tooth gap. Being in complete awe at the unique element the gap added to the page, I was forced to remince about the times when I had a miniature gap in between my two little front teeth leading me to forever regret that day the orthodontist ever gave me those silver monsters - braces.

I must say I was completely fascinated and taken by the look. Now let me tell you, if I had the breathtaking looks of Georgina May Jagger, I would be dead before ever stepping into an orthodontists office. I strongly believe that an element of these photographs that make them so unique and grasping is underlying resistance of us criticizing beings. The fact that these strong woman stood against the clawing public and stood strong facing their facial faults and making it their best feature.

The revoloution of the gap has definitely warped our little bubble of fashion for the best and I am delighted to see whats more to come! ...Here are only a few stunning pictures of this "gapped" models.
  [Photographed:Georgina May Jagger,Lara Stone,Iekeliene Stange]


7 comments:

  1. It's meant to be lucky to have a gap between your two front teeth :) so glad the modelling industry has learnt to embrace this cute little quirk. Now damn the orthodontist for closing my gap :(

    - Anna Jane xxx
    (PixelatedBlonde.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I don't care for caps. I'm glad mine closed up on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these images. amazing! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post! And I love the gap tooth look, so many models succeed with it! Great blog, we'll definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy.

    Friday Feeling :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post!! I completely agree. I love the gap and love that it is now more integrated into modeling and it is not seen as an imperfection...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tooth gaps are definitely in haha. Lara Stone is my faveee.

    ReplyDelete